The Pentagöet Inn will be partially reopening July 3rd for the 2020 season, starting with the Perkins House. We look forward to seeing you! This is the perfect place to enjoy the needed peace and respite you deserve. Clean fresh air and beautiful ocean vistas are just the ticket to escape from anxious days.
We are taking reservations online or by phone and have updated some of our policies and services necessitated by the global pandemic to better accommodate the health and safety of our guests and staff.
Important Travel Information
Residents of Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts can travel here with no restrictions. Beginning June 26, visitors from all other states may come to Maine and stay in commercial lodging establishments if they either quarantine for 14 days in Maine at a non-commercial lodging establishment OR sign a Certificate of Compliance stating that they have tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of arrival in Maine. We will continue to update accordingly as things evolve.
Lodging & Dining Adjustments
Initially, during the months of July and August, we are opening the Perkins House for lodging. All rooms are being offered at the off-season special rate with a continental breakfast delivered to your door. The main inn, restaurant and pub will not be opening up until later. We will provide a list of our favorite dining options for you. Our porches will be set up for you to relax and arranged for social distancing. Afternoon refreshments will be delivered to each guest room with bottled water and individually wrapped cookies. Wine and beer are available by pre-order.
We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions so you can feel at ease during your stay. Per the Maine CDC, comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place. The below-listed measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment for all:
- We are providing hand sanitizers and doing frequent cleaning of high-touch areas (for example, light switches, doorknobs, handrails, tables) around the inn.
- All staff have been instructed and trained in the CDC best practices for cleaning and sanitizing.
- Face coverings and social distancing is required for staff and guests at businesses when indoors or when unable to maintain physical distancing (effective June 5, 2020, per executive order)
- Daily housekeeping service for stay-over rooms has been temporarily postponed to protect guests and staff from unnecessary exposure. Guests in need of fresh towels, toiletries, or paper goods can request them as needed for daily delivery to their room.
- We have removed throw pillows and other extraneous things from the guest rooms.
- Upon departure, guest rooms will be left vacant whenever possible for 24 hours or longer to allow additional deep cleaning measures.
- We will be offering self check-in and check-out
The Blue Hill Peninsula has many activities for guests to practice social distancing while enjoying outdoor adventures, whether that’s kayaking, exploring the hiking trails in Castine and in the nearby areas, climbing Blue Hill Mountain, swimming at the Backshore beach, golf and tennis courts here in Castine. We will have current information, maps and schedules available.
We Are Here for You!
When making a reservation, we encourage you to call us so that we may discuss your plans, any state-wide travel restrictions, reserve the best room for you and answer any questions. Please do make a reservation ahead of time as we are not allowed to take walk-ins. Under our new flexible cancellation policy, reservations can be canceled with no cancellation fee up to 48 hours in advance for a refund or credit towards a future stay. Call 207-326-8616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and get updates and connect with us on our Facebook page.